Getting started: Compile Issue

Hi!
I am following the instruction from GitHub - GStreamer/gstreamer: GStreamer open-source multimedia framework to setup the GStreamer on my Ubuntu Desktop.
When I used

meson compile -C builddir

to build the module, I have the following errors:
[5903/9698] Compiling C++ object subprojects/ntv2-16.2-bugfix5/liblibajantv2.a.p/ajalibraries_ajantv2_src_ntv2testpatterngen.cpp.o
In file included from …/subprojects/ntv2-16.2-bugfix5/ajalibraries/ajantv2/src/ntv2testpatterngen.cpp:14:0:
…/subprojects/ntv2-16.2-bugfix5/ajalibraries/ajantv2/includes/ntv2testpatterngen.h: In member function ‘virtual bool NTV2TestPatternGen::DrawTestPattern(NTV2TestPatternSelect, const NTV2FormatDescriptor&, NTV2TestPatBuffer&)’:
…/subprojects/ntv2-16.2-bugfix5/ajalibraries/ajantv2/includes/ntv2testpatterngen.h:171:138: warning: ‘virtual bool NTV2TestPatternGen::DrawTestPattern(NTV2TestPatternSelect, uint32_t, uint32_t, NTV2FrameBufferFormat, NTV2TestPatBuffer&)’ is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
{return DrawTestPattern(inPattern, inDesc.GetRasterWidth(), inDesc.GetVisibleRasterHeight(), inDesc.GetPixelFormat(), outBuffer);}
^
In file included from …/subprojects/ntv2-16.2-bugfix5/ajalibraries/ajantv2/includes/ntv2utils.h:12:0,
from …/subprojects/ntv2-16.2-bugfix5/ajalibraries/ajantv2/src/ntv2testpatterngen.cpp:13:
…/subprojects/ntv2-16.2-bugfix5/ajalibraries/ajantv2/includes/ntv2testpatterngen.h:175:34: note: declared here
virtual NTV2_DEPRECATED_f(bool DrawTestPattern (const NTV2TestPatternSelect inPat, const uint32_t inWdth, const uint32_t inHght, const NTV2FrameBufferFormat inPF, NTV2TestPatBuffer & outBuf));
^
…/subprojects/ntv2-16.2-bugfix5/ajalibraries/ajantv2/includes/ajatypes.h:505:38: note: in definition of macro ‘NTV2_DEPRECATED_f’
#define NTV2_DEPRECATED_f(f) f attribute ((deprecated))
^~~~~
[5905/9698] Compiling C++ object subprojects/ntv2-16.2-bugfix5/liblibajantv2.a.p/ajalibraries_ajantv2_src_ntv2registerexpert.cpp.o
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Could you please help with that? Thanks

The error must be further above that. These are only warnings and you don’t seem to have -Werror enabled.

Can you provide some more output? There should be some line containing error: in a similar shape to the warning: line you included here.