Splitting sources to different sinks

Hello devs!

I am building a gstreamer application and I am trying to find a way to be able to split the sources (in case of more than 1) to different sink options on the same pipeline.

In my use case for example I have a pipeline with 2 camera sources, on the pipeline I have various nvinfer elements and probes and by the end of the pipeline I want to be able to split the buffer on 2 different ones representing the 2 sources separately and have a different sink option based on object existence and important metadata.

I am reading through documentation and I am not able to find any plugin or any example that can achieve that. The tee element simply duplicates the stream and using the Gst.PadProbeReturn.DROP in a probe is dropping the whole buffer of all the sources.

Any ideas on how I can handle that?

Thanks!

Iā€™m not sure if I understand your setup correctly, and what you want to do. Are you stitching the multiple camera inputs together into a single video stream with a compositor or so before you feed it to nvinfer?

Nevermind, the solution was right there. I am using nvstreammux so with nvstreamdemux I can simply separate the buffer. Thanks for the answer anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like