GStreamer OpenSSL version

I’ve noticed that in Gstreamer 1.24.3, the open ssl version is 1.1.1.19. That’s what I see when looking at the version info in libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll and libssl-1_1-x64.dll. But openssl is up to version 3.2: OpenSSL Announces OpenSSL 3.2 Alpha 1 - OpenSSL Blog. Furthermore, per OpenSSL 1.1.1 End of Life - OpenSSL Blog, the openssl 1.1.1 series reached EOL on 9/11/23. Can someone comment on if the latest versions of Gstreamer have adedquate openssl support?

You can track the progress of that here: WIP: openssl.recipe: Bump to 3.0.0 (!730) · Merge requests · GStreamer / cerbero · GitLab

Thank you. How much of a priority is it to get GStreamer up to date? My app which uses GStreamer just failed a security audit.

Like so many things open source, someone will get to it when someone gets to it :slightly_smiling_face: I’m not aware of anyone actively working on it right now.

There are various consultancies that may be able to look into this on a commercial basis if it’s a show-stopper for you.

Otherwise you could try and progress the Merge Request I linked yourself of course, cerbero is open source after all.