Is GStreamer 1.23.1 a drop in replacement for GStreamer 1.22.x? it doesn't work here

Hi there,
thanks for your work and for the new release.

Is GStreamer 1.23.1 a drop in replacement for GStreamer 1.22.x?

The MSVC installer for Windows does not let me choose what feature to install and when I try to record the screen with my software I get this error:

Is 1.23.1 “compatible” with 1.22.x?

GStreamer-WARNING **: 09:23:29.460: External plugin loader failed. This most likely means that the plugin loader helper binary was not found or could not be run. You might need to set the GST_PLUGIN_SCANNER environment variable if your setup is unusual. This should normally not be required though.

(FireflyLuciferin:24084): GStreamer-WARNING **: 09:23:29.461: Failed to load plugin 'C:\dev\dpsoftware\ArduinoRaspberry\PUBLIC\firefly_luciferin\src\main\resources\gstreamer\1.0\msvc_x86_64\lib\gstreamer-1.0\gsttaglib.dll': Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato.
This usually means Windows was unable to find a DLL dependency of the plugin. Please check that PATH is correct.
You can run 'dumpbin -dependents' (provided by the Visual Studio developer prompt) to list the DLL deps of any DLL.
There are also some third-party GUIs to list and debug DLL dependencies recursively.

How does it “not work”?

That taglib plugin warning doesn’t look like it’s fatal? That particular issue is tracked here for what it’s worth.

I use GStreamer to capture the screen via GStreamer Java binding and the capture does not work.
the only thing I changed it the GStreamer version.

I don’t know why but that error is vanished and now it works, it was probably my build that needed a clean/build.

But why the new installer does not let us choose the features we want to install and the features we want to skip?

opened an issue here: