The GStreamer team is pleased to announce another release of liborc, the Optimized Inner Loop Runtime Compiler, which is used for SIMD acceleration in GStreamer plugins such as audioconvert, audiomixer, compositor, videoscale, and videoconvert, to name just a few.
- Add support for AVX / AVX2
- SSE backend improvements
andfopcodes for bitwise AND and OR for single precision floats
- Add support for
convwf, int16 to float conversion
- Allow backend/target selection through ORC_TARGET environment variable
- orconce: Use Win32 once implementation with MSVC for better performance
- orcc: add --binary option to output raw machine code for functions
- orcprofile: Implement Windows high-resolution timestamp for MSVC to allow benchmarking on MSVC builds
- Documentation improvements
L. E. Segovia (amyspark), Jorge Zapata, Sebastian Dröge, Seungha Yang, Tim-Philipp Müller.
Special kudos go to amyspark who developed the new AVX backend.
Stay tuned for the forthcoming blog post with all the gruesome details.