Streaming UDP Multicast Audio not Working as Expected

I’m streaming raw audio to a number of devices (ESP32 based) over a dedicated wifi network. I’m sending the audio to a multicast address from a laptop over Ethernet to the wifi router. Below is the pipeline. If for example I stream the audio to 3 devices all is good however if after starting the audio stream I disconnect a device or 2 the audio on the remaining device becomes choppy. I’m not sure why? Is the router looking for the previously connected devices using up bandwidth? With multicast I figured the stream would just continue uninterrupted and if a device was out there to listen it would jump on the stream. Obviously my understanding of how multicast streaming works is flawed. Is there a better solution here. I want all the devices to receive the audio simultaneously so I can’t use something like icecast. I would appreciate any advice here.Pipeline below.

gst-launch-1.0 -v jackaudiosrc connect=0 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! audio/x-raw, rate=16000, channels=1, format=S16LE ! udpsink host=232.10.11.12 port=8000