Using Gstreamer on Zynq bare-metal

Hello GStreamer Community,

I am currently working on a project that involves video streaming on a Xilinx Zynq platform. The project requirements dictate the use of a bare-metal environment, and I am considering the integration of GStreamer for handling video streams.

I am reaching out to inquire whether GStreamer can be effectively used in a bare-metal setup on a Zynq device. If anyone in the community has experience or insights into using GStreamer without an operating system, particularly on Zynq, I would greatly appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Some specific questions that I have include:

• Has anyone successfully used GStreamer in a bare-metal environment on a Zynq device?
  • Are there specific considerations or challenges when using GStreamer without an operating system?
  • Are there known best practices, configurations, or examples for integrating GStreamer into bare-metal applications on Zynq?

Your expertise and experience would be invaluable in helping me make informed decisions for my project. I look forward to hearing from anyone who can provide insights or share their knowledge on this topic.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Hi @Ali_jamshidian , I am also on the same boat as you. I was considering to use baremetal with the zynq due to the lack of pci endpoint linux framework support.
I am no Gstreamer expert but I doubt that this will be possible to run in a Baremetal system. Why not run in linux?